How to save money when traveling
We all love to travel, whether to discover new countries, explore new places, or spend quality time with our families/friends. Once you know how to travel economically, you can look at spending your money rationally and on experiences that will be with you forever!
India is consistently ranked as one of the best budget travel destinations, and there are many Indian places you can visit for low-cost and easy travel. But when it comes to travel, rising inflation rates and prices put a strain on our wallets. Being on a budget can help you combat these unfortunate issues, and you can make your travel cheaper and more convenient. Perhaps for many, travel is an important part of life, and we spend weeks planning vacations and searching the internet for the best travel deals. Thus, traveling on a budget has become extremely important.
- Plan and be flexible with your schedule – The art of scheduling and organising is important to ensure that you have enough time to rejoice during the journey. It includes all necessary things like making a travel budget, choosing the destination, looking for transportation and accommodations, etc. Since there are many places to choose from and one cannot see them all at once, being flexible means maintaining an open mind. There are so many amazing places in the world that you haven’t even heard of but are worth visiting. You can prioritise which places you want to cover first and decide if you want to avoid touristy places and focus on your preferences.
- Travel off-season – Just as being flexible with your destination is being flexible with the travel time. Destinations affected by the season are common. The tourist seasons must be considered while choosing a location. It saves money for future needs and wants. There might be an “off-season” in one city but not in another. Make reservations (at least 5-7 months in advance) if you wish to travel to a location during peak tourist season to take advantage of early-bird discounts. Accommodations, tours, and even food will be much higher if you’re traveling during peak season or holidays.
- Look at affordable accommodation options – Consider staying at less expensive places! Why not try staying in a hostel rather than a hotel? Hostels are less expensive than hotels and resorts. Another way is Camping. It is affordable, especially if you have the right supplies. It enables you to commune with nature and encounters our nation’s true wilderness.
- Ask locals – Taking advice from people always helps to make your journey smooth. Acquiring local knowledge about the place also helps a lot in planning. Advice like carrying your own water bottles, Spending more time creating memories rather than going shopping, Trying Street food rather than eating in restaurants, taking advantage of free attractions and traveling in groups reduces standard travel expenses and save on everything.
- Use budget-saving apps – Fortunately, technological advancements in the travel sector have given rise to dozens of travel apps that help you cut costs and reduce stress when organising your vacation. They help you stick to your spending limit.
- Lastly, you can save a lot of money on your travel by exploring alternatives – Determining the most cost-effective medium of travel. There are a lot of costs involved in transportation. Traveling via airplane, train or private car can be more expensive than any other cost. Here is when you can think of carpooling. Carpooling not only saves on cost but also is good for the environment. It decreases individual travel expenses, such as fuel prices, tolls, and the stress of driving, by having a group of people utilise one vehicle. Carpooling is a sustainable and environmentally beneficial method of transportation.
The solution to “how to carpool" can be solved with POOLit Carpool
POOLit, an exclusive, invite-only community for verified professionals and students, can help us save up to 60% on our daily commute.
POOLit is a carpool app that offers carpooling with only verified professionals and students. You can save time and money while contributing to a cleaner environment.
Consider signing up for the POOLit app; not only can you save your hard-earned money, but you can also help save the environment!