Pune city can be a very fun and exciting place but sometimes, you just want a break from busy city life. A relaxing weekend plan near Pune might be just the thing you need but with so many great options on the internet, planning could get overwhelming. We have made your planning easier!
Here are some places to visit that make for quick getaways from Pune:
Sinhagad is home to many historical sites that are believed to be over 2 thousand years old. Some famous sites are Sinhagad Fort and Kaundinyeshwar Temple. It is situated among beautiful, green hills that make the car ride from Pune to Sinhagad Fort quite mesmerizing.
- Distance from Pune to Sinhagad: 30 km
- Time Taken: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Places to Visit: Torna Fort, Sinhagad Fort, Kaundinyeshwar Temple
2. Pawna Lake
Pawna Lake is a reservoir turned artificial lake formed by the Pawna Dam across the Pawna River. It is well-known for Pawna Lake-side camping, pawna lake kayaking, and pawna lake night camping.
- Distance from Pune to Pawna Lake: 52 km
- Time taken: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Places to visit: Lohagad Fort, Prati Pandharpur, Tikona Fort, Shinde Wadi Hills
3. Bedse Caves
Situated very close to Pawna Lake, the caves are one of the best caves in India, making them one of the most attractive Pune weekend getaways. Bedse caves, kamshet, are Buddhist caves that trace their roots back in the 1st century BC.
- Distance from Pune to Bedse Caves: 54 km
- Time taken: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Places to visit: Tung Fort, Visapur Fort, Pawna Lake
If you’re going from pune to lavasa city, you will be amazed at the beautiful European style architecture the city has to offer. Dasve Viewpoint is one of the best places in Lavasa for enjoying picturesque views of the city.
- Distance from Pune to Lavasa: 60 km
- Time taken: 2 hours
- Places to visit: Lakeshore Watersports, Dasve Viewpoint, Varasgaon Dam on Mosel River
Lonavala is one of the best places to visit for a weekend trip from Pune. The short ride from Pune to Lonavala is full of gorgeous views of the Lonavala ghat.
- Distance from Pune to Lonavala: 60 km
- Time taken: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Places to visit: Dudhiware Waterfall, Lonavala Lake, Rajmachi Fort, Karla Caves
If you want a brief break, a Pune to Mahabaleshwar one day trip is perfect for you. The Mahabaleshwar lake view, weather, and boat rides at Venna Lake will make you forget all about the city. If you’re in Pune, a weekend trip from pune to mahabaleshwar is a must-do!
- Distance from Pune to Mahabaleshwar: 120.3 km
- Time taken: 3 hours
- Places to visit: Elephant’s Head Point, Venna Lake, Lingamala Falls, Sunset Point, Mahabaleshwar Temple.
Panchgani is well known for the Table Land, a huge volcanic plateau, and the Panchgani Mapro Garden. If you’re a thrill seeker, Panchgani paragliding sites have got your back. If you’re just looking for a break, the pleasant Panchgani weather and its beautiful surroundings will give you the peace you’re looking for. Thinking of Pune weekend getaways? Think Panchgani.
- Distance from Pune to Panchgani: 101.3 km
- Time taken: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Places to visit: Table Land, Mapro Garden, Rajpuri Caves
Khandala’s scenic beauty has fascinated the Pune population for generations. Since it neighbors Lonavala, a Khandala-Lonavala trip is perfect for long weekends. With beautiful sights all around, it is a beloved Pune hill station.
- Distance from Pune to Khandala: 71.1 km
- Time taken: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Places to visit: Duke’s Nose, Lions Point, Bhushi Lake
POOLit has curated these places for Pune Weekend Getaways for you to clear your mind, and cleanse your soul. Take some time to care for yourself and take care of the earth too by carpooling to these places using POOLit Carpool. Download the app!