i. Being referred by a verified user, or
ii. Their workplace or university being verified by us.
Most other classifieds marketplaces have no barriers to entry and are forced to either reject ads or block hundreds of thousands of fraudulent users. Most classifieds aim to generate revenue via banner ads, while we simply want to provide a reliable platform to connect our users.
Our early beta testers refer to us a ‘Giveaway’ Classifieds. This means although we allow people to ask for a price for the stuff they sell, we are primarily a giveaway platform.
Verified users help us keep our POOLit community trustworthy and safe. We only allow users to register on our platform using their professional or university-issued email address, which we verify using an OTP-based authentication. Our team performs due diligence on each company/university added to our database of verified organisations.
Verified users on our platform can also invite friends and family using their unique referral link. referral link.
- Your Safety
- Wear a mask and gloves whenever handling items for resale. Sanitize items whenever possible with sanitizing sprays and wipes.
- Please follow local and state lockdown guidelines while meeting with sellers or buyers
- Do not enter any COVID-19 hotspots
- If you have come in contact with a COVID-19 patient recently or have any symptoms yourself, do not meet any potential buyers or seller.
- While we encourage our buyers and sellers to transact locally, we understand that shipping items is safer during this time. if you are buying or selling an item via courier service, please ensure your seller has followed best practices to wrap and package fragile or breakable items. POOLit will not be liable for any damage caused in-transit.
- POOLit condemns sale or purchase of any pseudo-scientific cures and medicines for diseases or ailments on its platform
- Do not buy or sell items such as used masks, gloves, beauty products etc.
You can only receive an invite to POOLit from a verified POOLit user. We’ve verified over 200 organisations and universities, and anyone who belongs to these communities can refer their friends and family. To get an invite, ask friends or family working at our POOLit-verified organisations to sign up and send you an invite!
On the POOLit app, go to Profile (top-right) > Send Invite. Enter your friend’s email and they will receive a link through which they can sign up on the app. You can also view all invites you’ve previously sent.
When you delete your account, your email address is kept in a temporarily blocked state. If you want to use the app with the same email address again, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your product is being shipped to you, always request proof of shipment from the seller e.g. a tracking receipt. Immediately let the seller know your product hasn’t arrived, and reach out to the delivery service to receive an update on the package.
We generally encourage our users to refrain from shipping items and instead, meet and transact locally. To be able to hold and examine products with your own hands makes for a much better purchasing experience for our buyers! 🙂
It also means a lower risk of in-transit damage or loss.
You can select ‘looking for a pool’ option when you have no vehicle of your own and are either looking for a co-pooler with a vehicle or want to share a cab with someone.